3 Sisters Hawaii
Monday, April 4, 2011
3rd Nephi 13-17
13:1-4 Doing good is a private thing-between me and the Lord. Making it otherwise diminishes me in His eyes. Once again, it isn't all about me! 13:5-7 Reminds me of George A. Smith who often reminede congregations that a public prayer should not be a sermon but rather a brief-to the point-conversation with God. I remind myself of this every time I am asked to pray in Church. 13:21-21 What are the treasures that I am "Laying up in Heaven"? I need to keep my eye on the mark--Life with Heavenly Father. Temple service and temple attendance certainly help me to keep the focus. 13:34 Take no thought for the morrow--I am learning more about living in the moment and savoring it. Gardening has become a way of reminding me of this principle. I can only garden today--if I don't I can't go back and do it later with the same results. Life isn't like laundry--You can't let it go and then do it all at once. 14:3 I am trying to cut my "beams" into kindling and hopefully finally gather them and get rid of them. 14-7 I love this verse. As I come to understand it better, I am beginning to understand, just a little, how much the Lord is willing to give me, and the worth of his gifts. 14:24-25 Teaching seminary helped me get a better grip on the foundational elements in my life. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father gave me that opportunity and continues to let me substitute once in a while. 15:1-10 I need to remember the "Old Prophets and heed their counsel but realize that the Lord has given us modern prophets to whom we should listen most carefully. A good lesson this conference weekend. Conference was wonderful and I have decided to type up my notes and put them in my copy of this Blog Journal. Truly they are our newest scriptures and there were several essential messages for me. 15:23 The gentiles willnever hear His voice first hand. I had never realized that before. My voice has to do His work. 16:18 I love the thought of match-men singing! What a wonderful picture in my head. 17:3 Ponder these things. Do I ponder enough that it leads me to correct action? 17:6 Am I filled with compassion for others who suffer. I need to act more on the promptings and ponder them less. 17:20 His joy was Full. I wonder what that would feel like? 17-23-24 Keep in mind that He always remembers the little ones!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.