We hope to share our scripture study thoughts and ideas with each other and learn from one another. I am studying the New Testament and am now in Acts 7. I am also studying the Bible dictionary and learning like crazy.
Here are my comments in my scripture journal on 'Beatitudes'
Jan 18. ‘ Beatitudes – integrated and progressive in their arrangement’ 3 Nephi 12: progression goes from poor in spirit, they that mourn, hunger and thirst after righteousness, merciful, pure in heart, peacemakers, to persecuted. In other words progression goes from lacking, to sad, to seeking, to turning outward (thinking of the other person) to peace, to willing to doing anything for Jesus Christ.
I had not noticed before the progression of the listing of the beatitudes and find it a good scale to mark where I am…..and where I want to be.
Now to Acts 7 What a powerful recapitulation of Jewish history Stephen gives in his final sermon - 'being full of the Holy Ghost.' and does verse 51 mean that the children of Israel had access to the Holy Ghost as well?
Hi. I figured out how to get here. Is this where I would add my comment about yours as well as add a comment about what I am reading. Also, how do I put on a photo like you did?
ReplyDeleteGeri, sign in as a member and it should direct you to a place where you make your own post which will have an 'add a photo' option. Then I can comment on what you write. (see sign in as a member' on the right
ReplyDelete