I think I am overloading this blog with my stuff. Let me know what you think. I am reading the New Testament and commenting on what strikes me and then also examining a page of the Bible Dictionary and learning from it as well.
Feb 15. Acts 26 Agrippa – “Almost thou persuades me to be a Christian” is King Agrippa’s response to Paul’s testimony. In appearing to Paul on the road to Damascus, the Lord tells Paul he is to be a minister and a witness of Him.
Damnation – opposite of salvation and exists in varying degrees – actually seems to be opposite of exaltation- meaning limited in some degree in their progress and privileges. It seems obvious this would be so, but I had never really thought of the progressive levels of damnation as well as exaltation.
Feb 16. Acts 27 Acts 27 Paul travels to Rome…is protected amid the travails. Angel comforts him. I think of the times angels have comforted me, sometimes real people, and occasionally not.
Dan – in the write up on Dan it states that he is ‘own brother to Naphtali.’ This phrase brought back a flood of memories of Nigeria where this was often said, “I am own brother to _____”. I thought it was a quaint way to express a relationship never realizing that it was a Biblical phrase meaning ‘we have both the same father and the same mother.” I am so grateful for the experiences we had on our mission in Nigeria – both large and small.
Feb 17 – 19 had a cold and didn’t accomplish much – sewed a little between blowing my nose. I read a few verses in acts 28 one day, but can’t remember which day.
Feb 20 – Acts 28 after perils at sea and many blessings for Paul and by Paul, he arrives in Rome and dwells there for 2 years teaching the Gospel. Blessings given lead to blessings received – a glorious circle.
Dancing – a natural sign of rejoicing Oh how fun to rejoice by dancing! I think of the fun of the recent ward ‘Once in a Decade Valentine’s Dance’ for the adults in the ward held at the Rippy’s home. It included lots of visiting, good food, a 10 minute program and continuous dance music. Often the only dancers were ladies – young and older dancing with laughter and joy. Men would get up and join in or not – a great feeling of freedom and rejoicing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.