3 Sisters Hawaii

3 Sisters Hawaii

Friday, February 25, 2011

Camille Fronk-Cost of True Discipleship

As I was reading Matt:4-11, I came across this talk by Camille Fronk(BYU Rel. prof) about discipleship. She makes a bunch of good comments(1999), including: "Disciples are not without weaknesses, but their mistakes neither paralyze them nor preclude them from serving. Similarly, disciples do not require perfection from others in their attempts to assist." I have appreciated those comments, and as I read the Master calling fishermen to assist him, I more fully appreciate how important humility is.

Also, in Matt: 11:28-30, a favorite of mine, I have written in my scriptures that "easy", referring to Christ's yoke can be replaced by "kindly"--which gives it an entirely different connotation.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Lou. You did it and I love your easy - to kindly - thought. I had not heard that before and it gives a different slant to the verse.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.