Helaman 4:13 denying the spirt of prophecy and revaltion will result in being left to my own strength. Now, there's a thought! In the grand scheme of things I have but very little strength and so must learn to depend on the Lord much more. To do otherwise is to stay at about age 2 spiritually--"I can do it myself." Most of the time I know that I can't but often I persist in trying, waiting until a crisis to use the spiritual tools of prayer and study. I am working hard to overcome that 2 year-old nature. I must practice first things first rather than even considering relying on myself alone. It seems that I have had the process upside down for a long time.
4:20 Remember the prophacies--good counsel anytime. Remember, reflect and then act. A good plan for me.
5:2-3 Sometimes the majority is wrong. Even though we subscribe to majority rule, I must be prepared to stand against the majority when they are wrong. The solution seems to be to learn what is right and then do it at all times--so easy to write -- so hard to do consistenly.
5:7 It really is a great motto Do What is Right! I think I'll work on memorizing the words to that song and use it as my go to song when questions or decisions are at hand.
5:12 Remember the ROCK of the Redeemer. I look to Him often but is it often enough?
I wonder what shafts he has protected me from? It is probably much better not to know and just be grateful.
5:30 I know that I hear a still small voice often. DO I LISTEN? another aspect to attend to more faithfully.
5:47 He promises "Peace Be Unto You" that truly is what I want to hear--I need to work harder so that I will hear it, not just hope to.
I'm so glad we have figured this out. I am enjoying your posts - and learning! Improving myself? that remains to be seen.
ReplyDelete