Romans
Feb 21 Romans 1 Paul – called to be an apostle Did I notice this before and forgot – seems like a pretty big thing to forget! Vs 16 is one of the first Bible verses that I recall memorizing. It is wonderful how early memorization stays with me while verses I have memorized recently have to be reviewed frequently to be kept. The end of the chapter sounds like he is seeing our day through a very clear lens and describing what we see and hear all around us.
Darkness – symbolical of spiritual blindness or ignorance. How do I more effectively shine the light of Christ into the dark corners within me as well as to other people?
Feb 22 Romans 2 Paul condemns judging others and hypocrisy with very specific examples. Verse 21 especially struck me. Do I do what I teach? Yikes. Room for improvement here!
David – the BD highlights the reason why David’s reign was the greatest in the history of Israel: 1) he united the 12 tribes into one nation; 2) he secured the land 3) the will and law of God was the law of the land. What a nation America would be if the same could be said about it.
Feb.23 Romans 4 Paul presents the relationship of faith and works and grace and uses Abraham and circumcision as specific examples. Vs. 20 ‘He (Abraham) staggered not at the promise of God (that he would be the father of many nations) through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God: “
Can I then not ‘stagger’ at the promises of eternal life with my family around me, but be strong in the faith and give glory to God! The use of the word ‘stagger’ really hit me.
Death – physical= separation of the spirit from the body, or the ‘grave’; spiritual = separation from righteousness,or hell. Physical death comes to all; spiritual death comes through an individual’s thoughts, words and actions. Both were introduced into the world by the fall of Adam and both are overcome by the atonement of Jesus Christ. Through the atonement all will overcome physical death; all may not face spiritual death depending upon whether or not they choose to follow Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.