3 Sisters Hawaii
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Acts 14 Tribulation
The most disturbing and real word to me in this chapter is in verse 22 'that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. No matter how much I understand that trials are a part of the plan, that out of them come growth and blessings, etc., when I am in the midst, I don't like it and can easily lose sight of the big picture. Actually, the word must bothers me too. We have to have tribulation? Looking back I can see that all turns out well, but at the time.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Talk about tribulation! I have been helping a friend who is trying to come back into activity. 4 months ago her stepdad in Washington state was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Arelene went to WA for 2 months and then brought him here to care for. She is a widow and has a ranch in the area. He passed away Thursday a.m. and getting the funeral arranged for Southern Cal. has been a nightmare even though she has power of attorney and med. power of attorney. I have been with her every step of the way and Lynn and the Eld. Q. pres, dressed him yesterday. Every time she turns around there is another snag. We have spent hours with the mortuary, the Veterans office, the Dr's office. She feels as if the whole world is against her. I am exhausted but home some good will come out of this trial for both of us. Last evening I put together the little program card (there is only going to be a graveside service). and after she approved it, I printed 40 on my new printer. (had to buy a new one as the big old one died and the small old one needed ink. The ink was more expensive than a new printer). I was exhausted and felt tried at every turn. However, she is determined that she can survive and I am determined that it will all go well. Sometimes I wonder if we ever get to see the fruits of many of the trials. I know that they will come but it sure would help if some were more immediate. I guess today I am just tired and more than a tad negative. I'll go do my reading and that should help.
ReplyDelete